This week, tragedy hit my high school, and the distance between myself and my school friends, classmates, teachers and the pupils of Bishop Hedley RC High School seemed that little bit less.
Everyone is wrapped up in their own little worlds, and just as the British Red Cross advert points out, every crisis is a crisis in it’s own right, regardless of whether it affects one person, a community or a nation.
So, as I did a few weeks ago, I’ve decided to share with you the things that made me laugh and smile this week… Hopefully this post will help to put a smile on your face, even if that’s just for a few minutes.
1. Of course, being a journalism student, I come across a lot of news stories through the week. Some by accident, and others during my searches on news websites. This one made me giggle slightly, but for all the right reasons of course…
The life-saving sea lion:
3. Another heart warming story. And one of my favourite men and musicians. Adam Levine, we salute you!
4. Some of you may know that I’m an serious How I Met Your Mother fan (and I’m STILL not over that ending!)… For those of you who’ve seen the show, I feel you’ll appreciate this as much as I did.
5. These incredibly, hideously bendy Russian gymnasts…
6. This one’s not for the faint hearted, and no I probably shouldn’t have laughed, but who hasn’t?!… The Newcastle fan who was, uh, “bummed” to death by a Zebra. You have been warned.
7. And finally… Love has no labels.
The video which challenges and conquers discrimination, and breaks hearts in the process:
Big love to everyone who needs it this week!
Love, thoughts and prayers are with everyone at Bishop Hedley, and the family and friends…
Stay strong xx